MINUTES FOR FEBRUARY 2022

MINUTES FOR FEBRUARY 2022

DRAFT MINUTES: CORBY GLEN PARISH COUNCIL

Draft Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday February 9th 2022 at 7.30pm in the Church Street Rooms, Corby Glen.

Present: Cllrs Clink (Chair), Andrew & Silabon

In attendance: 1 resident, Mrs. S. Woodman (Parish Clerk).

In the absence of the chairman, Cllr Clink was voted unanimously as chairman.

Open Forum:

The Chairman notified the council of Cllr Fox’s resignation.  The Clerk has informed SKDC and will follow the procedure to fill vacancy. Residents need to be made aware that there are now 2 vacancies on the Parish Council.

A resident reported that although some potholes have been filled, the large pothole/s in the Market Place has not. It is already reported on Fix my Street. Clerk to report additionally on Lincolnshire.gov.uk/faultreporting, and to contact Cllr Hill. Cllr Andrew will email the clerk photos to support this. All present were asked to contact their MP.

The LCC contractor has planted the trees requested via the Treescape scheme on the Green and around the village. Thanks to Cllrs Clink & Walsingham for assisting. The trees may need watering during this dry period.

  1. Apologies for absence: Cllrs Lamming, Cook, Evans, & Walsingham. Reasons noted and accepted.
  2. District and County Councillors’ Reports:
  3. The minutes of the meeting of the Council held on Wednesday January 12th 2022 were amended by the chairman as follows: 6. 09/16 Neighbourhood Planning: …the plan is still on track to complete the public consultation (replaces “for a referendum”) by the end of March.

The minutes were then approved unanimously and signed by the chairman as an accurate record.

  • Councillors’ Declarations of Interest: None.
  • Review of Action Log:

04/22 Bank Account changes: To be deferred until new councillors in place.

S21/1210 / S21/2299 Development off Swinstead Road: The request for the S106 requirement to be waived was withdrawn; there was therefore no need for Cllr Lamming to attend the planning meeting.

  • Clerk’s & Chairman’s reports on matters outstanding:

75/20 Superfast Broadband: No further progress.

25/21 Fighting Cocks – Asset of Community Value: Application now submitted Cllr Clink has emailed CAMRA.

55/20 Speeding in the village: No further monitoring sessions have taken place, but some are anticipated soon. Whatsapp Group updated with new volunteers.

03/22 Flag flying on the event of a villager’s death: Protocol confirmed. Form to be added to web site. Additionally, residents to be made aware via the Link &, if possible, the Church Notice Board.

09/16 Neighbourhood Planning: Plan now in draft & available on the Parish Council Web Site. All residents have been informed via a leaflet drop. 2 public meetings have been scheduled. The group are aiming for all residents to be aware of the plan by the date of the referendum and for as many as possible to take part.

Because of the size of the document, it is not practical (or affordable) for a hard copy to be available to all, but hard copies will be available to read at the public meetings and at key venues around the village. The voting mechanism was discussed. Cllr Clink will look into the possibility of on-line voting.

  • Matters to be resolved:

06/22 Appoint internal auditor: Fiona Hatchman of Additions Accounting who has audited the accounts in the past is prepared to continue. Her fee will be £80. It was agreed unanimously to appoint her.

07/22 Review Councillor roles & responsibilities: To be considered at the next meeting. Mr Fowler offered to check on the wreaths etc round the war memorial & remove when appropriate. Cllrs accepted his offer & thanked Mr Fowler.

08/22 Councillor Vacancy: Some confusion has arisen because of two resignations close together. The period during which an election can be requested for the vacancy caused by the resignation of Cllr Hargreaves has now passed. The council is thus free to fill that vacancy by co-option.

The period during which an election can be requested to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of Cllr Fox is still running.

  • Reports from: 

Planning: to consider planning applications received prior to & after publication of the agenda:

S22/0047 Binner, 4 High St, Single storey extension. It appears that the revamped extension will not be visible from the High Street, and that the wall which borders the High Street will remain. The council does not wish to make any comment.

S21/1841 David Wilson Homes (DWH) Development:
A meeting took place with some councillors and members of the Highways team. DWH have apparently agreed to provide a footpath alongside the A151 from the development to the doctors’ surgery on that side of the road; no agreement has been reached regarding a similar footpath on Swinstead Road. No revised submission showing the changes to the plans are yet available. The position regarding extending streetlights is not known.

A detailed ‘Wish List’ of S106 aspirations has been submitted to SKDC Planning.

Greens Working Group:

Cllrs Andrew and Silabon asked about the duties of the Greens Working Group. To be discussed further at the next meeting. Clerk to email the most recent RoSPA inspection report to Greens Working Group members.

 Cllr Silabon to forward email to Clerk regarding current state of play equipment.

07/21 Playground Equipment Maintenance (notably the state of the seesaw): The Clerk had contacted Miracle Play repeatedly but had still not received an estimated date for the work.

47/21 Notifying CGPC of issues with play equipment: To be ratified at the next meeting. Clerk to re-send draft procedure with next agenda.

  • Payments and Accounts

(i) Bank balances – monthly update approved as set out below

(ii) Invoices for payment – Councillors resolved unanimously to approve payments as set out in schedule below.

Opening Bank balance from 1st January 2022£17,686.21
Income received on bank statement:
Donations – Christmas Eve

£91.88
Invoices cleared on bank statement
R Adcock – Leaf clearing S. Woodman – clerk’s wages
S. Woodman – clerk’s expenses
HMRC – clerk’s PAYE
CDPC – Community cleaner
Cllr Evans – Christmas Expenses
Cllr Walsingham – Christmas Expenses
S. Woodman – Christmas Expenses
Nhd Plan – Clive Keble Consulting

£15.00
£243.75
£26.00
£60.80
£152.26
£109.90
£17.80
£50.00
£1,100.00

Closing Bank Balance 31st January 2022£16,002.58
Cheques to be authorised/cleared:
S. Woodman – clerk’s wages
S. Woodman – clerk’s expenses
HMRC – clerk’s PAYE
CDPC – Community cleaner
Cllr Lamming – Christmas Expenses
Nhd Plan – Clive Keble Consulting


£243.55
£26.00
£61.00
£152.26
£88.00
£1,369.00
Estimated remaining NatWest bank balance
(excluding Neighbourhood Plan Funds)
£14,062.77
(£12,328.02)
  
Neighbourhood Plan Costs
Previous costs to date
Grant
Previous costs against grant
New costs against grant
Grant remaining:

[£504.79]
£7,279.00
£4,175.25
£5,544.25
£1,734.75
  1. 10.   Matters to be further discussed at this meeting:

33/21 Re-wilding / areas of grass to be cut & by whom / standard of grass cutting:
To be discussed at the next regular meeting.

55/21 Review 3 year Grass Contract: Some discussions have taken place within LCC & SKDC. Outcome awaited.

51/21 Discuss options for digitising the History Society’s archive to prevent deterioration: An aspiration within the Neighbourhood Plan. The problem is where to store the paper copies securely.

54/21 Review Publication Scheme / Available Information: Deferred to next meeting. To be re-issued with agenda.

59/21 Consider how younger people can be involved in the village: The possibility of engaging via Schools’ Councils was discussed.

The construction of a skatepark was considered very beneficial to this section of the community. With appropriate agreement, this could possibly be located at the bottom of the Ron Dawson playing field, with maybe the option of a ‘snack bar’ facility open occasionally.

Included as a S106 aspiration.

46/21 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: It is understood that the Church is arranging a function of the Friday. The Bowls Club are believed to be arranging a Bowls Drive on the Saturday. Cllr Clink is happy to be responsible for the Beacon Lighting at 9.45pm at 9.45pm on Thursday 2nd June.

It was suggested that a Big Lunch whereby people bring their own food could be arranged in the Market Place on the Sunday. Clerk to arrange for a Road Closure for Sunday June 5th.

The suggestion of planting a circle of 7 trees was pursued by a resident, but as yet he has not found an amenable land owner.

67/21 Consider using the July or Sept meeting to agree arrangements for village events: Deferred to next meeting.

01/22 Consider replacing Christmas Tree Lights: Deferred to next meeting.

05/22 Reason for new footbridge (rear of St John’s Drive): Deferred to next meeting.

09/22 Consider creating a local health concern group: Deferred to next meeting.

  1. Next meeting:

The next regular meeting will take place at 7.30pm on Wednesday March 9th 2022 at the Willoughby Gallery.

Meeting closed at 8.52pm.                                                                                                            Mrs. Sue Woodman – Parish Clerk

Action Log 9th February 2022

RefActionResponsibilityDate by
09/16Neighbourhood Planning:  Look into the possibility of on-line voting.Cllr Clink9/3/21
07/20Activate new email addresses ([email protected]) – assistance to be provided by Mr Fox Clerk to remind Mr FoxAll / Mr Fox

Clerk
8/12/21
07/20Communicate councillors’ new email addresses to SKDC;
update CG web site
Clerk
Mr Fox
9/03/22
07/21Playground:
Fix a rubber covering to the bottom edges of the rocking horse
Continue to chase for a date for work to be undertaken.

?
Clerk

10/11/21
9/3/22
46/21Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Arrange for a Road Closure for Sunday June 5th.Clerk9/3/22
47/21Notifying CGPC of issues with play equipment:  Re-send draft procedure with next agenda.Clerk3/3/22
54/21Review Publication Scheme / Available Information: Re-issue with agenda.Clerk3/3/22
01/22Consider replacing Christmas Tree Lights: Research options, including battery or solar powered.Cllr Cook9/3/22
03/22Flag flying on the event of a villager’s death:
Request Mr Fox to add to web site
Add to CGPC web site. Request Mr Fox to set up Cllr Andrew as Admin on Parish Council Web site Publicise residents via the Link Request adding to Church Notice Board.

Clerk
Mr Fox Mr Fox Mrs Woodman
Clerk

9/3/22
9/3/22 9/3/22 15/2/22
9/3/22
 Email most recent RoSPA inspection report to Greens Working Group
Responsibilities of Greens Working Group to be added to March Agenda
Clerk
Clerk
asap
3/3/22
Open ForumDiscuss the maintenance situation regarding the roads in Corby Glen with Highways & report backCllr Hill9/3/22
Open ForumReport large pothole/s in the Market Place on Lincolnshire.gov.uk / faultreporting and to Cllr Hill. Email the clerk photos to support this. Contact MP re state of roads in Corby GlenClerk

Cllr Andrew all
9/3/22

asap asap
Open ForumContact Cllr Walsingham with issues relating to NHS services in generalAll9/3/22

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.