Minutes for July 2020

Minutes for July 2020

MINUTES: CORBY GLEN PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday July 8th 2020 at 7.30pm using video conferencing.

Present: Cllrs Lamming (Chair), Collins, Cook, Fowler, Fox, Hargreaves, Muir, Parker & Walsingham

In attendance: Mrs. S. Woodman (Parish Clerk), 1 resident.

Open Forum: A resident requested the council’s support in contesting the appeal by Mr Smith against SKDC’s refusal of planning permission (ref S19/1299) for a dwelling on open space in the centre of Musson’s Close. As the appeal paperwork has only recently been published, councillors had not had the opportunity to study it.

A resident expressed a wish that the A151 could be temporarily closed to traffic during the silence on Remembrance Day this year as a mark of respect. The council was in agreement and concluded that measures that had been used in the past were appropriate.

Cllr Walsingham informed the council that it is his parents’ golden wedding anniversary shortly, and that, under the current circumstances, the family were requesting relevant photos / stories from the 1960’s / 70’s to be compiled into a memento of the occasion.

1.     Apologies for absence: None.

2.     District Councillor / Police Report: None.

3.     The minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 10th June 2020 were approved & signed by the chairman as an accurate record. All those who had been present at the meeting agreed.

4.     Councillors’ Declarations of Interest: None.

5.     Review of Action Log:
Clerk to remind Cllrs Robins & Hill, who were not present at the meeting, of outstanding actions.

See updated log below.

6.     Clerk’s & Chairman’s reports on matters outstanding:

77/19 Lighting for Art Gallery (reduce wattage of bulbs): In progress. Cllr Fox is in communication with Alto Electrical.

39/20 War Memorial Restoration: Clerk reported that Damon Green has been in contact with Hurst’s and made them aware that, as 2020 is the 100 year anniversary of the erection of the war memorial, it is crucial that this work is completed before November this year. Clerk to keep in touch with Mr Green and try to establish a start date for the work.

09/16 Neighbourhood Planning: No further meetings to date. The group needs the support of people with time, expertise and enthusiasm if the project is to progress.

7.     Matters to be resolved:

8.     Reports from:  

Planning: to consider planning applications received prior to and after the publication of the agenda –

S19.1299 Appeal re land in Musson’s Close – Discussed in Open Forum. To give councillors time to read the appeal documentation, an EGM will be arranged at the earliest opportunity (Monday July 13th) in order to meet the deadline of July 15th for comments, should the requested extension not be granted. Councillors to read and consider documentation and prepare wording to be used.

S20/0899 1b Church Street Change of Use from holistic & wellbeing centre to hairdressers, b&b & potential permanent residence – Concern was expressed that there is no fire escape and only one bathroom for the use of up to 6 residents plus the hairdressing business. Clerk to make SKDC aware of the council’s comments.
6 councillors were in favour of the application, 2 abstained and 1 objected.

Greens Working Group: The chairman thanked all who had helped to clean the play equipment in preparation for the playground’s re-opening on July 4th, including Cllr Collins’ husband, Tony.
It had become clear that some renovation work was desirable to prevent the play equipment from deteriorating. Cllr Cook to investigate and obtain quotes; clerk to add discussion of options to the agenda for the September meeting (no meeting in August). Cllr Cook to re-instate missing screws in the picnic bench.

9.     Payments and Accounts

(i)  Bank balances – monthly update approved as set out below.

(ii) Invoices for payment – Councillors resolved to approve payments as set out in schedule below. The clerk informed the council that since the agenda had been published an invoice for £480 had been received for the tree survey.

Opening Bank balance from 1st June 2020£20,270.44
Income received on bank statementCommunity Cleaner Grant  £453.44
Invoices cleared on bank statementZoom License (1 year)S. Woodman – clerk’s wagesS. Woodman – clerk’s expensesHMRC – clerk’s PAYECDPC – Community cleanerMCS grass cuttingAdditions Accounting (Audit)Lincs Fieldpaths Assoc’n Subscription  £78.40£237.16£23.70£59.20£149.73£289.00£80.00£5.00
Closing Bank Balance 30th June 2020£19,801.69
Cheques to be authorised/cleared:S. Woodman – clerk’s wagesS. Woodman – clerk’s expensesHMRC – clerk’s PAYECDPC – Community cleanerChurch Street Rooms Hire – Neighbourhood Planning Meeting 16th JanuaryMCS grass cuttingJ Wilcockson – Tree Survey (as per quote)  £236.96£6.90£59.40£149.73£10.00£229.00£480.00
Estimated remaining NatWest bank balance(excluding Defibrillator, Play Equipment & War Memorial funds)£18,585.70£15,654.09
  
Defibrillator FundTotal banked to date (inc. VAT refunds):Purchases to date (inc. VAT):Fund remaining: £2,383.80
£1,885.00£528.80
  
Play Equipment FundTotal banked to date (inc. VAT refunds):Purchases to date (inc. VAT):Fund remaining: £41,425.44£40,599.63£825.81
  
War Memorial FundTotal banked to date (inc. VAT refunds):Purchases to date (inc. VAT):Fund remaining: £1,850.00£0.00£1,850.00
  
Neighbourhood Plan Costs (to be repaid on receipt of grant funding)Costs to date
Costs this month
Total:
 £494.79
£10.00
£504.79

10.   Matters to be further discussed at this meeting:

27/20 Corona Virus:
The clerk reported an update on the Corby Community Care Scheme from Ian Astley (see appendix).

83/19 Flag usage: The current flag flying schedule is to continue to be used, with the addition of flying the Union Jack on Armed Forces day (June 27th) and the removal of Merchant Navy Day as the council do not have a Red Ensign. Clerk to add a review of the schedule to September’s agenda and yearly thereafter.

40/20 Re-painting water pumps in the Market Place & by the Co-op: The Clerk had been informed by a planning officer at SKDC that, as the village pump in the Market Square is Grade II listed, Listed Building Consent is required to renovate it. Quotes are to be obtained from David Atter and one other.

41/20 Feedback on new Model Code of Conduct from NALC: Councillors had no comments.

42/20 Potential request for removal of arrows round water pump in Market Place: Cllr Walsingham had contacted LCC concerning the state of the arrow signs near the pump in the Market Place with a request that alternatives should be investigated. Their considered response is still awaited. If the arrows are removed, it may be necessary to protect the pump with “heritage bollards”.

43/20 Consider removal by LCC of road signs from both ends of Laxton’s Lane: LCC had put forward 2 options in response to a request from Cllr Fowler for clarification, namely (1) that the signs be removed for a trial period, or (2) that the signs be replaced with a combined cycle / pedestrian sign.
Removal of the signs would imply that there are no restrictions. The lane is not currently a cycle route, and a serious accident had occurred in the past to a cyclist using the path.
Given the history of previous accidents within living memory, it was agreed unanimously that the clerk should respond to LCC to the effect that it believes that the signage is necessary and request that the existing signage be renewed with no alterations.

44/20 Cut back growth around base of tree on Village Green (Station Road): It was agreed unanimously that MCS (Grass cutting) should be asked to remove the growth at a cost of £50.

45/20 Replace broken litter bin (50 l) with a free standing 100 l bin on Village Green (Station Rd): It was agreed unanimously that the small bin on the lamp post should be replaced with a larger bin at a cost of £174 +VAT. Cllr Fowler to send the quote to the clerk. Clerk to order.

46/20 Overhanging hedges / trees / shrubs on High Street near Coronation Road: Reported by a resident. Clerk to report on Fix my Street.

47/20 Speed of quarry lorries on Swinstead Road and noise early in the morning: Reported by a resident. It was noted that activity and thus traffic at the quarry is variable, depending upon the work in hand. This may be the reason why the issue is especially noticeable at this time, and why it has not become apparent on previous surveys. It is recognised as a long standing problem, to which no measures previously tried have provided a successful solution.
After much discussion, it was considered that Cllr Lamming should suggest to the resident that they monitor and document the situation for 1 month, and contact LCC Highways again with the results, copying in the Parish Council, Cllr Hill, the police and the local MP.

11.   Next meeting:

The next meeting will take place at 7.30pm on Wednesday 9th September 2020, venue to be agreed depending upon the circumstances prevailing at the time..

Meeting closed at 9.07 pm.                                                                                                           Mrs. Sue Woodman – Parish Clerk

Appendix To Parish Council Minutes 9th July 2020 – Corby Community Care – Update Report

I asked our volunteers for reports last week. Half responded and half of them had helped neighbours in the last week.

I have taken soundings from them in the last month and the consensus is to keep the group in place. A number felt strongly that it would be good to keep a group like this running beyond the current need.

With that in mind, I am making enquiries into the Lincs Good Neighbour scheme, which seems to be growing up around groups such as ours with a view to being enduring organisations. I hope to have more to report on that next month.

Ian Astley 7th July 2020

Action Log 9th July 2020

RefActionResponsibilityDate by
88/19Add link to LCC’s ‘Fix my street’ to the web siteCllr Fox18/03/20
07/20Communicate new email addresses for councillors to themselves plus clerkCllr Fox18/03/20
07/20Communicate councillors’ new email addresses to SKDCClerk 
08/20Investigate incidence of road accidents on A151Cllr Hill18/03/20
70/19Contact residents of Adcock’s Close, advise options & assist in adoption if appropriateCllr Robins14/05/20
 Request an update on their actions from Cllrs Hill and RobinsClerk09/09/20
18/20Consider quotes for lights between Barleycroft / Pridmore and arrange accordinglyCllrs Fox / Fowler08/07/20
77/19Consider quotes for reducing wattage of bulbs in Gallery Lighting and arrange accordinglyCllrs Fox / Fowler08/07/20
39/20Chase War Memorial Restoration for a start dateClerk09/09/20
83/19Add a review of the flag flying schedule to September’s agenda and yearly thereafter.Clerk09/09/20
40/20Water pumps: Apply for listed building consent; Obtain 2 quotes for re-painting / renovation.Clerk09/09/20
S20/1299Prepare wording for submission re appeal against planning refusalAll13/07/20
PlaygroundCllr Cook to investigate options & get quotes for cleaning and stabilising the condition of the play equipment, and to re-instate missing screws in the picnic bench; Clerk to add discussion of the options to the agenda for the September meeting.Cllr Cook / Clerk09/09/20
43/20Contact LCC Highways and request that the existing signage at both ends of Laxton’s Lane be renewed with no alterations.Clerk09/09/20
44/20Request MCS to cut back growth around base of tree on Village Green (Station Road) at a cost of £50Clerk09/09/20
45/20Cllr Fowler to send the quote for larger litter bin to the clerk.
Clerk to order new bin.
Cllr Fowler / Clerk09/09/20
46/20Report overhanging hedges / trees / shrubs on High Street near Coronation Road on Fix my Street.Clerk09/09/20
47/20Request the resident to monitor the situation for 1 month, and contact LCC Highways again with the results, copying in the Parish Council, Cllr Hill, the police and the local MP.Cllr Lamming09/09/20

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.